Golf Course Superintendent Opening
Brown Golf is seeking a highly motivated, energetic and experience Golf Course Superintendent for the Country Club of Whispering Pines located in Whispering Pines, NC. This position will have a salary range between 78k to 85k depending on education and experience. In addition to a competitive salary, this position is eligible for medical, dental, vision and paid time off benefits. Please see a more specific job description below, if you feel you may be a good fit, submit your application today!
Oversees the maintenance and construction of 36 holes and ensures that turf grass is repaired and maintained to established standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains all grounds and course maintenance equipment.
- Supervises all planting, fertilizing and care of turf, plants, shrubs, trees and other facilities on the golf course.
- Supervises operation of the equipment repair shop.
- Records all maintenance on course.
- Prepares annual budget for department; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that budget goals are met.
- Selects and prepares proper fertilizers and nutrients.
- Develops and maintains drainage, irrigation and watering systems.
- Maintains course in proper playing condition.
- Implements and enforces comprehensive safety program for employees, members and guests on course in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Communicates as necessary with other departments to discuss conditions of facilities, maintenance plans and scheduled events.
- Insures that chemicals, petroleum and other controlled products are used, stored, and disposed of in accordance with local, state and federal regulations. Maintains required records and strives to minimize the use of chemicals and petroleum products.
- Attends turf conferences, equipment shows, workshops and other educational programs to maintain a current knowledge of technical and turf innovations and changes that could affect the department’s operations.
- Establishes short and long range plans for the golf course.
- Oversees all course construction.
- Keeps members informed about current and future maintenance activities.
- Assists with snow removal.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance
- Regular & reliable attendance
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Associates degree (AA) or equivalent form a two year college or technical school; or three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination and experience. Degree preference in agronomy/horticulture/plant/soil science.
The selected candidate will be required to successfully complete a background and drug screen as a condition of employment.
Additional Salary Information: Medical, Dental, Vision and PTO offered to this role